Please read through the reopening guidelines and with a prayerful heart, and seriously consider if you would opt for rejoining or serving at in-person worship. “I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.” (Ps.122:1)
The pandemic has also made us rethink the true meaning of communal worship. We all belong to the body of Christ. We gather to show our care for each other, pray for each other, or simply reach out with a smile to express our deep bonding. We are His sheep, and we follow Him together. Like any family, we are closely bonded with each other and staying close to each other.
Considering the current pandemic situation, we have to regrettably say that we are still far from the day of worshipping as a whole congregation. We will move toward that goal step-by-step while continuing to offer online worship.
SCAC Worship Re-Opening Guidelines
More about Church Re-Opening
- Worship services are held both onsite and online. Pre-registration for onsite worship is still required.
- Fellowships, care groups and ministry committee can start booking meeting space for onsite
programs and meetings. Please keep attendance for contact tracing.
- Eating is allowed with individually packed food or designated food servers.
- Social distancing has been reduced from 6 feet to 3 feet. Please keep your mask on at all times at
church (except eating and playing sports) and follow public health measures, e.g. frequent
- Gym use will be resumed to pre-COVID-19 arrangement. Mask can be off while playing the sports.
Spectators in the gym must keep masks on.
- Cooking in kitchen and use of resource centre can be resumed. Please call church office for guidelines.
- Please stay home if you are sick or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms. Should you developed
symptoms in the 48 hours after attending any church programs, please call church office for guidelines regarding notifications to the close contacts for self-monitoring.